Seeking Director of Community Engagement
Yeshivat Maharat is seeking a Director of Community Engagement to help conceive and implement a national engagement strategy with the goals of cultivating community support, identifying and stewarding new donors, and raising the profile of Yeshivat Maharat. Now that Yeshivat Maharat has proven success with its mission of training, ordaining, and placing Orthodox women as clergy, we want to demonstrate that Yeshivat Maharat is integral to the community of innovative thought leaders and scholars.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Community Engagement will work in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Director of Recruitment, Placement and Alumnae Support.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Position Yeshivat Maharat as a center for thought leadership by identifying and supporting opportunities for administration, students, faculty and alumnae to share their educational content and perspective with the broader community
2. Broaden social media presence and brand, and oversee creation of content
3. Ensure that major stakeholders are aligned in their representation of Yeshivat Maharat brand and messages
4. Guide and collaborate with outside communications strategist, when relevant, to enhance our positive media strategy
5. Shepherd our think tank initiative, which is designed to help position Yeshivat Maharat as a dynamic, forward-thinking intellectual center for 21st century Judaism
Multi-City Program and Donor Initiative
- Conceive, implement, and manage a new multi-city programming initiative to help cultivate new donors, raise Yeshivat Maharat’s profile and spread our Torah content to communities that already have graduates as well as identify new communities who would benefit from Yeshivat Maharat’s approach to Torah
- Plan (with Marketing/Community Engagement Committee) and oversee special events, including parlor meetings, fundraising events, and Scholar in Residence opportunities, including 10th Anniversary Celebration Events and annual graduation celebration
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- An understanding of the Modern Orthodox and Feminist community
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of fundraising software and databases, or ability to master use of new software
- A professional, flexible, entrepreneurial and resourceful attitude
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently and as part of a team, take initiative, set strategy, and simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects
- Flexibility to travel and work over some weekends and nights, as needed
- Applicants from outside of the New York area will be considered
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5-7 years of communications and strategic programming experience with a demonstrated understanding of our mission and vision, excellent interpersonal and management skills, and with an entrepreneurial attitude.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Yeshivat Maharat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Yeshivat Maharat
Founded in 2009, Yeshivat Maharat is the first institution to ordain Orthodox women as members of the clergy. Yeshivat Maharat trains Jewish leaders who will help shape and enhance the Jewish communal landscape.